Informations to provide for E-Ticket
www.airtahiti.com > Travel agent page > Informations to provide for E-Ticket
What kind of information should travel agents give customers with e-tickets?
The agent should deliver to the passenger a Passenger Itinerary/Receipt in accordance with IATA Resolution 722g, which should carry a statement concerning the Warsaw Convention, and in addition the full mandatory ticket notices that you see today in the ticket wallet. IATA does not define the method of delivery. The Passenger Itinerary/Receipt could be by email or fax or even simply a photocopy. It is not necessary to use an ATB style ticket wallet.
Is it mandatory for agencies to print a copy of the e-ticket receipt?
IATA resolution 722g, which governs the issuance of Electronic Tickets for the Neutral documents, under paragraph 6.2.3 Electronic Ticket states the following:
Sub paragraph 18.104.22.168 : “An ET shall be comprised of the following:
This means that the Itinerary/Receipt has to be provided.
- ET flight coupon(s),
- Paper audit coupon(s) or optionally electronic audit coupon(s),
- Paper agent coupon(s) or optionally electronic agent coupon(s),
- Paper Itinerary/Receipt or optionally electronic Itinerary/Receipt,
- Paper Charge form (optional)”.
Such an Itinerary/Receipt must also meet the requirements of subparagraph 22.214.171.124 in which the specifications are listed. It is not specified though if the receipt must be delivered in paper or electronic form.
If the GDS can secure the delivery in electronic form, i.e. via email, then there is no specific requirement to additionally print a paper copy of this. As long as there is a guaranteed delivery of the Itinerary/Receipt in an electronic form, then the paper form is not needed and could be deactivated.
There may be legal issues in some countries that make it mandatory to provide a paper receipt.
How do the Terms and Conditions of Carriage get reflected on the E-ticket?
The resolution says:
The Validating Carrier or when the electronic ticket is issued by a travel agent the issuing travel agent, shall deliver the notice of contract terms incorporated by reference contained in Resolution 724, Attachment A, and the legal notices provided for in Resolution 724, Attachments B and C, Resolution 724a, 724b and Resolution 745.
- The customer shall receive… (the terms and conditions)… from the travel agent (or Validating carrier). This may be printed out by the agency or sent by email, fax or customers prints if from a web page.
- The Validating Carrier or issuing travel agency shall deliver an Itinerary/Receipt(s).