Air Tahiti : compagnie aérienne de Polynésie Française
Article X– Refunds
If Carrier fails to ensure the Carriage in accordance with the General Contract of Carriage, or if a Passenger asks a change in his travel settlements; the refund of the Ticket or the unused part of it, will be made by the Carrier, in accordance with the present Article and the Carrier regulation.
- except as hereinafter provided in this Article, Carrier shall be entitled to make refund either to the person named on the Ticket or to the person who has paid for the Ticket upon presentation of a satisfactory proof of such payment, or to the person appointed by him. In this last case, this person will have to be mandated by the Passenger whose name is on the Ticket, or by the payer and to be able to prove his identity.
- if a Ticket was paid by a person other than the person whose name is shown on the Ticket and if the Carrier mentioned a refund restriction on said Ticket, the Carrier shall refund the Ticket payer, or the person designated thereby. In this last case, this person will have to be mandated by the payer and to be able to prove his identity.
- except in case of lost Tickets, refunds will be subject to the surrender to
us of the Passenger Coupon (or of the Passenger Receipt) and of all unused
- a refund made to anyone presenting the Passenger Coupon or the Passenger
Receipt and all unused Flight Coupons and holding himself out as a person to
whom refund may be made under subparagraphs (a) or (b) hereabove, shall be
deemed a proper refund and shall discharge us from any liability and from any
further claim for refund.
- Refund fees will be claimed for each refund, except for Fares that exclude
- Involuntary Refunds
If Carrier cancel a Flight, fail to
operate a Flight reasonably according to Schedule or fail to stop at your
destination or Stopover or cause you to miss a connecting Flight on which you
hold a Reservation under a single General Contract of Carriage, the amount of the refund
shall be :
- if no portion of the Ticket has been used, an amount equal to the Fare paid on Carrier Network.
- if a portion of the Ticket has been used, the amount the Carrier will deduct will correspond to the difference between paid Fare and the Fare corresponding to the effected transport, in accordance to commercial rules of the Fare mentioned on the Ticket.
- Voluntary Refund
If you are entitled to a refund for reasons other than
those set out in paragraph 3 of this Article, the amount of the refund shall be
- if no portion of the Ticket has been used, an amount equal to the Fare paid,
less service charges or cancellation fees,
- if a portion of the Ticket has been used, an amount equal to the difference
between the Fare paid and the applicable Fare for travel between the points for
which the Ticket has been used, less service charges or cancellation fees.
- The refunds under this paragraph 3 are not applicable when and if precluded
by any governmental requirements or by our own regulation, as known to you. It
is the case of Tickets bearing a "NON REFUNDABLE" mark or notation.
- Refund of lost or stolen Tickets
If you lose your Ticket or any portion
thereof or if your Ticket or portion thereof has been stolen, upon furnishing us
with satisfactory proof of the loss or the theft, and payment of a reasonable
administration charge, refund will be made as soon as practicable, after the
expiry of the validity period of the Ticket, on condition that :
- the lost or stolen Ticket, or portion of it, has not been used, previously
refunded or replaced,
- the person to whom the refund is made undertakes, in such form as may be
prescribed by us, to repay us the amount refunded, in the event of fraud and to
the extent that the lost or stolen Ticket or portion thereof is used.
- Right to refuse refund
We may refuse to process a refund
- where application is made after the expiry of the validity of the Ticket.
- in case of a Ticket either stolen or falsified or counterfeited.
- if you claim a refund in a currency different from the currency of the
- if a Ticket is marked "NON REFUNDABLE".
- if the amount of the Ticket have not been paid
we reserve the right to make a refund in the
same manner and currency used to pay for the Ticket.
If a refund is accepted
by us in another currency than the currency of the payment, such refund shall be
made at the exchange rate(s) and under conditions as determined by us.
- By whom Ticket is refundable
Refunds will be made only
by the Carrier which originally issued the Ticket or by its Agent, if so
Article XI– Conduct aboard aircraft
If a Passenger does not comply with the provisions of this Article (and with those of Article VII on Carriage refusal and limitation) or commits a criminal or reprehensible act on board the aircraft, the Carrier reserves the right to disembark the Passenger at any stage of the Flight and/or take legal action against said Passenger.
- If, in our reasonable opinion, you conduct yourself aboard the aircraft so
as to endanger the aircraft or any person or property on board, or obstruct the
crew in the performance of their duties, or fail to comply with instructions of
the crew, including, but not limited to those with respect to smoking, alcohol
or drug consumption, or behave in a manner which causes discomfort,
inconvenience, Damage or injury to Passengers or to crew, as well as to any
property, we may take such measures as we deem reasonably necessary to prevent
continuation of such conduct, including restraint. You may be disembarked and
refused onward Carriage at any point and may be prosecuted for offenses
committed on board the aircraft.
- Use of transmitter-receiver equipment like radios or cellular telephones, is strictly forbidden during all Flight. Moreover, you will not be able to use, during takeoff and landing phases, electronic equipments like electronic games, laptop computers… Carrier will be able to refuse the use of any equipment which could be harmful for the Passengers or the crew.
- On board the aircraft, Passengers must not, due to the consumption of alcohol, drugs or any other substance, behave in a way that is liable to cause discomfort, inconvenience, threaten or endanger one or more persons, items or property or the aircraft itself.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited on board the aircraft.
- The Carrier may limit or prohibit the consumption of alcohol on board the aircraft.
Article XII– Arrangements for additionnal
If the Carrier, within the scope of a General Contract of Carriage and subject to the applicable law, agrees to take steps, via third parties, for the provision of ancillary services other than Carriage by air or if the Carrier issues a Ticket or voucher for Carriage or other services (other than air travel), such as, for example, hotel Reservations or car hire, in this case the Carrier will only act as an Agent and will not be liable toward Passengers except in the event of proven negligence on its part. The Carriage or sale conditions that govern the activities of said third parties will be applicable.
Article XIII– Administrative
The Carrier may not be held liable for refusing to transport a Passenger, if said refusal is based on the profound conviction that said refusal is warranted by the law, government regulations and/or applicable requirements.
- Passengers are responsible and liable for procuring all the specific documents, visas and permits required for their journey, and to comply with all provisions of law (laws, regulations, decisions, requirements and provisions) of the departure, arrival and transit States, as well as with the Carrier´s regulations and the instructions relating thereto.
- The Carrier may not be held liable for the consequences suffered by Passengers in the event of failure to comply with the obligations referred to in paragraph (a).
- Travel Documents
- Passenger is required to present entry, exit and transit documents, as well as health and other documents required by the regulations in force (laws, regulations, decisions, requirements and provisions) in the departure, arrival and transit States. Passenger is moreover required to allow the Carrier to make a copy of said documents, if required, or to record information contained therein.
- The Carrier reserves the right, in accordance with Article VIII/1/(a), to refuse Carriage if a Passenger does not comply with the laws and regulations in force or if the Carrier has doubts as to the validity of the documents presented.
- The Carrier may not be held liable for losses or expenses suffered by Passengers who do not comply with the provisions of the law.
- Refusal of Entry
If a Passenger is refused entry to a territory, the Passenger must pay all the resulting charges or fines imposed on the Carrier by the local authorities, as well as the price of the Carriage if the Carrier, due to a government order, is required to return the Passenger to their departure location or elsewhere. The price paid for the Carriage to the destination for which entry to the territory was refused shall not be refunded by the Carrier.
- Passenger responsible for fines, detention costs, etc
If Carrier are required
to pay or deposit any fine or penalty to incur any expenditure by reason of Passenger
voluntary or non voluntary failure to comply with or to produce travel documents
compliant with laws, regulations, orders, demands or other travel requirements
or to produce the required documents, Passenger shall reimburse Carrier, on demand, any
amount so paid or deposited and any expenditure so incurred. Carrier may apply,
towards such payment or expenditure, the value of any unused Carriage on Passenger
Ticket, or any of Passenger funds in Carrier possession.
- Customs inspection
If required, you shall be present during inspection
of your Baggage, Checked or Unchecked, by Customs or other State officials. Carrier
will not be liable to you for any loss or Damage suffered by you in the course
of such inspection or through your failure to comply with this requirement.
Passenger must compensate the Carrier if action, omission or negligence on his part causes Damage to the Carrier due to, in particular, their failure to comply with the provisions of this paragraph or the authorisation given to the Carrier to inspect their Baggage*.
- Security inspection
You shall submit, yourself and/or your Baggage to
any security checks by Government officials, airport authorities, any implied
Carrier, or by Carrier.
* This condition is added in case of potential penalties the Carrier would have to pay during a custom control, when Passenger has forbidden to transport items in his Baggage and he is not present.
Contenu de ce site © Air Tahiti 2003. Tous droits réservés
Déclaration CNIL N° 714916